Houzz Logo Print
leigh_james6134497

Floor Plan Advice

Leigh James
3 years ago

Hi Houzzers

Below is the floor plan of our house that we moved into nearly three months ago. We have been thinking about what changes we'd like to make to the spaces, I am not skilled with any programs, so I printed it out and drew on it, my artistic skills are also not great, so hopefully you can make out what the changes are.

The home is set up for multi-generational living and we like this functionality so we will keep it that way. We have two internal staircases, with the one next to the kitchen the one we'd like to get rid of as we believe that space would be better used for an office and possibly butler's pantry. That area does however step down. Then it'll be making the opening into the lounge/dining area larger, closing off the doorway into the lounge that is next to the stairs.

Downstairs the kitchen/meals area is huge and really not necessary so we're moving a wall to give the garage/workshop more space as we need that space. The kitchen/meals space left will still be ample. Then just blanking off the doorway into the garage from the living room and changing the doorway into the 5th bedroom slightly.

I know from looking at other posts there are some very clever design people among you which is why I also wanted to offer up my floor plan ideas in case there's some glaringly obviously way better layout that we have come up with.

Love to hear your feedback!

Comments (27)