Houzz Logo Print
webuser_429119425

Old Farm Cottage Renovation - Floorplan ideas

Dave H
2 years ago

G'day all,

I'm in need of some help with the renovation of a workers cottage on a farm. The aim is to update it into a decent first home that could be built upon in the future.

The trouble I am having is that the original cottage has had a few extensions added previously, which are not in good condition and need to be removed. This leaves me with a central core made from the original foundations to work off and I am not sure how to best utilise the spaces.

The part of the building that is being salvaged is a square, with four 3.65m square rooms divided evenly inside with 3.5m ceilings. I have made a floorplan of the cottage in its current condition.

Basically everything that is outside of the central square will be demolished, so really there is a lot that could be done. North is the the bottom of the image. Anyone approaching the house would come from the North or Western sides.

I came up with quick floorplan that mostly uses the existing footings but would love to hear of better ways to use the Cottage core, even if it is wildly different. If you could have a look and tell me what you think I would greatly appreciate it!

The elements I wish to end up with are:

• Shared Kitchen and Dining
  • Lounge
  • Home Office
  • Master Bed with en suite
  • Spare Bedroom
  • Bathroom
  • Toilet
  • Laundry

Thanks for any help.

Comments (7)