Houzz Logo Print
webuser_203488040

House plan critique

D D
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi all, I would love some feedback and thoughts on this plan. We’re a family of 4 living in Adelaide. The goal is to integrate the main indoor and outdoor living areas as much as possible.

I’ve included my magic plan - It’s not exact but gives an idea of furniture layout etc.

The section at the bottom of the magic plan where the tree is, is council land. I’ve included close ups of the plans so hopefully you can see the measurements.

Would love thoughts on where we should we put the air con units.

I didn’t want the ensuite to be so long but the drafter has advised it needs to be in line with the garage. Not sure what to do here. I’ve deliberately included outdoor access so if we’ve gone to the beach/ have been working outside we can go straight to the shower. I’m not in love with the layout of the master wardrobe but I also don’t want the door to be too close to the bedside table, and am concerned if I put it closer to the bedroom entry, it will be too far to get to the toilet/bathroom.

The rumpus is a second lounge/playroom for the kids. I am concerned it will limit light into the main living area. I’ve considered relocating it where the spare bedroom is (bedroom 4) and scrapping that, however, I’m not convinced we can do without a permanent spare bed set up. My husband is sadly convinced that the study needs to stay.

I want to keep the kids “wing” (Bedrooms and bathroom/toilet) together as this will be their part of the house. As the house is only 1m from the boundary and the bedrooms are on the south side, I’ve included a little courtyard area to let more light into the rooms and so I can have a litttle garden so when we’re in the bathtub we can have a nice view.

I’m unsure of what to do with the porch below the family/meals as I don’t love this. I originally had this as accessible from outside for the pool toilet, but I’ve since included a toilet closer to the pool on top of the laundry for pool access.

With the laundry layout, I’m deciding whether or not to have the washer and dryer on the floor or to put the dryer on top of the bench. I would like 2m of bench space (where the sink will be) and 3x cupboards so the washer/dryer positioning will dictate the size of the room. Would love thoughts on both options.

Would love to hear thoughts on all aspects. Thanks

Comments (16)