webuser_715466414

Should I use a Interior designer to pull this together

Brett
3 days ago

Should I engage an interior designer to help 'pull together' a kitchen, carpet & furnishings job in an open designed Apartment?
I live on my own and feel I have hit a 'design brick wall' in thinking on how to go forward.
Background - 13yo apartment, recently painted Dulux 'Whisper White' with Dulux 'Oolong' (dark grey) on the bulkhead and feature wall in a small nook.
Kitchen - is U shaped, (2.8mtrs x 2.4mtrs). Primarily I would like it to reorganise its layout, maybe re-use some of the existing cabinet carcasses and drawers and reposition appliances like dishwasher next to sink.
The kitchen also has floor tiles (non specific pale grey) on the floor and ugly colour Caesar Stone Splashbacks and bench tops.
Unsure to replace bench tops and tiles.
Flooring - Everyone has suggested floorboards boards.......but I think prefer carpet.
There's so many colours and shades of colours. Need to pick a shade that's complimentary to wall colours.
Furnishings - I have a dark brown leather sofa which is 12 months old. Maybe this will be too dark, depending on flooring
I also have dark wood tv stands and sideboard as well as a 70s dining table ( brown wood veneer) from a charity shop that I am not that attach to keeping...but would need to replace.
Nook - there's a small book that I have no idea what to use it for.
Its 1200mm wide, 700mm deep, 2000mm high.
The Back Wall is painted Oolong (dark grey).
As per above, I really have no idea what to use this space for, or how to decorate it.
Anyway, that's my waking thought at 1am.
Engage a designer that can tie all this together, or engage seperate trades (kitchen, carpet candle stick marker etc...) and hope for the best.
Cheers