Houzz Logo Print
siobhan_m9

Your thoughts on a bathroom layou

Siobhan M
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Need bathroom layout experts! We are looking to renovate both main bathroom and ensuite. They are old, there is some water damage so likely totally gutted.

They share a wall and each shower has it's own nook. However, the shower spaces are on the small side and it feels like it's worth changing the layout so we have a bit more space in the showers (though particularly the main one). I feel like I've tried a million options but can't decide!

I would rather not have a wet room or a shower over the bath. And would like to keep the bath. Whatever configuration - the space is all pretty tight. Both doors are cavity doors. Ceiling is sloped.

Currently thinking that we will move the wall to widen the main bathroom shower.

With the current layout, this would look similar to the following:

This would leave the ensuite with it's current layout looking like this:

We have toyed with moving the external door for the ensuite to allow for a larger shower in the ensuite too but perhaps dependent on cost.

Another option we have considered is moving the main bathroom door to allow for a bigger shower but this leaves less room in an already small main bathroom.

We have considered putting the vanity or toilet into the current shower nook and then fitting the shower somewhere else but haven't managed to land on anything that works that well.

Appreciate any thoughts or ideas!!

Comments (7)