Houzz Logo Print
hai_ngo32

Advice on Kitchen Layout

Hai Ngo
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on a floor plan for a kitchen renovation I', going to be doing, and am looking to see if the plan i've made up would work. Its for an open plan kitchen/living area, with the back wall being 4m external door to wall, side wall 6.7m, but the ceiling height changes from 2.7m high to 3m high at the 3m mark. Attached is what I've got so far with my floor plan and with what I was thinking of doing for the cabinets. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank in advance and sorry if any of the pictures are unclear, not sure how to attach clearer ones

This is the empty room with where the door and window positions

What I had planned for the kitchen

What I was thinking for the cabinets against the back wall

This is what I was thinkg for the cabinet against the side with the window, not sure about the pantry if i should have one of just a nook for small appliances. I put the pantra more to break up the boundry between the kitchen and living space. Not sure if thats the best plan, I could put some shelve on the edge into the living space, so it doesn't look like a cutoff?

This is the plan for the island, but not sure if I should swap the cabinet and the sink around so the sink is next to the dishwasher. This sink will be single bowl with no drainer. The opening is to fit a freestanding dishwasher in there (I'm not planning on getting an intergrated/semi intergrated dishwasher).

The Island will have an overhang od about 480mm, as I was thinking of doing 700mm deep cabinets for the island, with a 20mm overhang on the working side, leaving 480mm for the seated side. The island will have waterfall on both sides. do you think I would need something to support in the middle of the seated side?

Thanks in advance

Hai

Comments (23)