Houzz Logo Print
dawngrassick

Ideas for new floor plan for bathroom/toilet/laundry renovation

Dawn Grassick
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a single story, 3 bedroom/1 bath brick house built in the early 80s. The bathroom (2m x 2.5m), toilet (0.9m x 1.5m) and laundry (1.8m x 2.5m) are all original and need a total renovation. These are separate rooms with doors opening onto a tiled open area (0.9 m x 1 m) off the hallway. The bathroom has a second door from the master which is never used. The large bathroom window is very off center. A builtin bathtub is under this with the taps on the wall under the window. The single basin is in a builtin unit that extends over the end of the bath. There is a 1 m x 1m shower with a short brick ponywall (60 cm) facing the bath. The bathroom is pretty bad (and apricot!). The laundry has a back door (sorry, not on the picture. It's in the top left hand side of the room) which is rarely used as there is also a back exit into the garden from the living area (i.e. this could be removed from the laundry). A hall closet juts into the laundry but could also be removed as there is another hall closet. The hallway is L-shaped and very dark if the toilet/bathroom/laundry doors are all closed. I've attached a rough plan (sorry about the quality of the image). My 'musts' are a (1) a bathtub, (2) separate bathtub and shower and (3) the jack and jill door from the family bathroom to the master has to go. I'm open to the idea of an ensuite from an eventual resale point of view (15-20 yrs time), but its not a must have for me. I'm open to a smaller laundry and there is a possibility for this to have its door on the wall with the current sink which on the other side is in the kitchen/dining area. I'm not ready to do anything yet, but would love some ideas so I can get everything done in one go. My neighbourhood has become popular with flippers, so maybe an extra bathroom would not be over capitalising? Thanks. Looking forward to your ideas!

Comments (3)