Houzz Logo Print
jimb_omm

Help me choose a dining table

Jimb Omm
2 years ago

Hello. I'm just after some suggestions for what type of dining table and chairs to select. We have a mostly open plan living/dining/kitchen with a small wall (you can see the dining area from the kitchen and the living area from the dining area but not all three at once). Our kitchen is white shaker type cupboards with white stone benchtops and mint green subway tile splashback. We have stainless steel appliances, the taps/hardware are brushed nickel and the bar stools are white cushions with stainless steel legs (these can be changed if needed). The floors are light coloured polished hardwood floors throughout. Walls are currently white but I'm getting a colour consultant in soon as the whole interior is due for a repaint. What do you all think?

I'm not sure about a timber dining table with timber floors. I was think having black metal legs to break it up but not sure if this looks right with the white kitchen. Conversely, I think a white table with light walls and white kitchen is also too much. I've also considered tables with light ceramic, Caeaserstone or concrete table tops (with dark legs). What do you all think? Any suggestions? Ideas for rugs to pair with it would be great too. The photo below is the view of the kitchen standing in the dining area. Thanks :)

Comments (9)