Houzz Logo Print
justine_b27

Need advice on where and how to start renovations on Vic Terrace house

Justine B
2 years ago

I am not at all quite sure where to start. A Victorian terrace house - 3 bedrooms, a study, closed in kitchen (would like to put a (rectangular pass through window between the kitchen and the living room/can't take down the whole wall), living room, separate dining room, L shaped family room, 3 bathrooms - 1 of which is relatively new. I want to renovate two bathrooms, the kitchen. Interior painting on most of the rooms. Sash windows need to be fixed. Some new lighting fixtures. Some new carpets. Two rooms hardwood floors refinished. Energy efficient heating system. Fix the upstairs verandah boards. Put in one new electrical circuit for the house. Fill in the in-ground spa. New doors on some of the built in cupboards - some might be good enough to just paint. Appreciate advice. Finding it very difficult to get reliable, available trades to assist that don't cost an arm and a leg. Budget is not huge - but significant. Australia seems to be incredibly expensive compared to the US where I've lived for many years. I have a recommendation of someone who does kitchens from a friend, and another person who does bathrooms and cabinets. But not quite sure where/how to start.

Comment (1)