Houzz Logo Print
mary171155

Privacy Fencing over sunken courtyard/pool

mary171155
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Currently arguing with hubby over this. We are building a house where the bottom level is below street level. The bottom level consists of a courtyard and pool at the front of the house, with bedrooms, a family room and bathrooms behind. The top level consists of lounge, dining, kitchen, and a master bedroom with ensuite. From street level you can see an entry from the pool to a hallway leading to a family room down below. The front door into the house will be accessed from a "drawbridge" type thing that will also be enclosed in the mesh. The house design will have aluminum mesh wrapped around the left corner of the house at street level. I wanted to use the same mesh as window awnings over the louvred windows. My husband is saying anyone who walks along the footpath will see down into the pool/courtyard, but I am thinking if we used fencing, something like Stratco Quickscreen they would not see "down" into the bottom courtyard/pool area. Stratco even have a product that we could utilise to wrap around the front left corner of the house called Batten Xpress that would match the fencing. I would be very grateful for any suggestions you all may have on this. Do you think people will be able to look down into the courtyard/pool area? TIA Mary.

Comments (4)