Houzz Logo Print
sharon_k

Kenshurst Home Renovation - Before/After

Lets See Design
2 years ago

The project is not complete yet, as there have been several delays due to lockdowns but our clients are so happy with how it is all coming together in expression of their taste and heritage.

Lets See Design was engaged to pull together the client's flooring, lighting, blinds, buffets and fireplace with new furniture, fabric, accessories and colour selections that complement the client’s love of beautiful fabrics, appreciation of colour and quality.

The Rug Establishment was commissioned by Lets See Design to make the 120-knot handmade rugs in two designs created specifically for the space. Complementary colours that add a beautiful wow factor to the room were carefully selected to anchor all the pieces together.

We will be excited to be able to complete this project once lockdown ends as we have the foyer, dining room, and main bedroom to dress.

Before:

Kenthurst Renovation · More Info

After:

Kenthurst Renovation · More Info

Comments (16)

• Kate
    2 years ago

Looks nice, shame layout is compromised by the post.

• C P
    2 years ago

amazing what people will pay for

• User
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Is the fire 'bulge' going to stay that way , or what are you finishing it in , or is it being painted ? I'd be interested to see it when it is finished , if it isn't . IMO the 'industrial rusty fake' finish definitely doesn't suit the rest of the vibe -- I imagine it in a nice stacked stone , with the support pole Kate mentioned also done the same to tie it in -- that would be risky if you have small children I know , but they have to learn sometime .

In fact , even stone up to about a metre , then the 'fireplace' bulge and the top of the pole , done in a burnt orange/almost reddish brown , or even a nice wallpaper with say yellow or burgundy stripes to add colour but not clash with the walls and rugs , would add texture and colour and bring it all together .

And again , a pet hate -- the 'before' photo isn't really the before -- it would have looked cleaner and all more period BEFORE the unhidden fire unit was installed , so basically taken at its worst .

Lets See Design thanked User
  • Kate
    2 years ago

Just zoomed in, what is the green chaise doing in front of the fireplace and couch? Can’t imagine sitting on couch and having someone laying On the chaise , which isn’t sitting on rug either. Then the two diff rugs.
    Need to see more photos

• B Andra
    2 years ago

Looks like the project is off to a lovely start. The colors, lighting fixtures and accessories give such definition to the once dull room! I'm sure the clients appreciate your blending of their tastes and heritage to achieve this priceless look. Would love to see this in more angles and will definitely stay tuned for the coming updates of this project!

Lets See Design thanked B Andra
  • PRO
    Lets See Design
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you Pottsy, this project is ongoing. I first visited the space at the point of the 'before' photo, after I had already remotely done the furniture selections with fabrics and rug design to suit. The fireplace finish I selected was full height black stone with a few gold/white veins running through it. The clients had already engaged their own contractor, and the design was between them and him, but when they went to purchase the stone I specified, the husband who I had not dealt with ordered the copper stone instead.

The lighting is a similiar issue, and not my recommendation. I would love to make more changes and improve on the workmanship as well as add curtains, but this has not been approved. However we will be wallpapering the entry when lockdowns are over.

Have a lovely day!

• Brooke Roman
    2 years ago

Offft, looks amazing!!

• Manav Jain
    2 years ago

I love the finer details! Keep up the good work :)

Lets See Design thanked Manav Jain
  • PRO
    TB ID
    2 years ago

Loving the range of textures - gives it a lot of depth!

Lets See Design thanked TB ID
  • Juan Troglia
    2 years ago

I personally love the rusty texture, it gives a nice touch in the living room! Bravo

• Asif Ali
    2 years ago

Great mix of textures and elements, really brings in some character to the space and an overall nice vibe. Personally, I wouldn’t be worried about a few internet warriors who probably can’t even spell the word design putting this project down. Keep up the good work!

Lets See Design thanked Asif Ali
  • C P
    2 years ago

To be fair if this was a punter I'd be nothing short of positive. I'm just really confused by professionals sharing pictures which don't really capture a great scene and by coming in I feel that's an invitation for honest commentary.

Lets See Design thanked C P
  • Kyle Hams
    2 years ago

WOW! You can tell you know what you are doing, mixing textures like this can go so wrong but you are obviously masterful and have a great eye for colour, texture and tone. I think the transformation is awesome and would love this in my home! Cant wait to see more of your work!

Lets See Design thanked Kyle Hams
  • User
    2 years ago

When you see 4 glowing comments go up within 9 minutes , and the OP has thanked them all within another 6 minutes , it certainly gives me confidence that they are all genuine unbiased posts . . . . . . . .

• bigreader
    2 years ago

The PRO should have cut their losses. It’s a mediocre room, and the photography does it no favours. Trying to support it with false positives just makes observers (who have outlasted many a PRO on Houzz) like me come forward to comment. I’m puzzled why PROs continue to post rooms for comment that aren’t great or in the era of Covid have been compromised by the inability to be professionally styled and photographed. I’m also not sure why the PROs post, on a largely amateur thread, and expect confidence boosts. They may be being mislead by HOUZZ in regard to opportunities for exposure and work leads. Anyway, a regular contributor would recognise the breadth of demographics and tastes that we represent and that we rarely are unanimous. Except in this case, for this room, we are for sure in agreement.

Lets See Design thanked bigreader