Houzz Logo Print
ctjoni

What do I do with the weird overhang in my kitchen?

ctjoni
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi! Very excited to be planning a new kitchen for our house but I'm completely stumped on a design aspect and was hoping folks might have some ideas/inspiration. I've attached a photo of the area in question. We want to get rid of the that ridiculous overhang, and it's simple enough to just run a normal wall where it is. My issue is how to finish off the section along the side and top of the pantry, where the odd, angular wall is. We could make it square, I suppose, but then you're going to come down those stairs and look straight on to the top of the pantry and fridge etc which I feel will a) look weird and b) lead to way too much awkward dusting for my liking!! In an idea world we'd probably make it a corner pantry on the other side but unfortunately the window is placed such that there isn't enough depth for a pantry to fit (that corner has the microwave on some bench space, currently).

I can almost (almost) see how they ended up with the absurd overhang in the first place given how stumped I am on how otherwise to finish that section off! Please, please, if you have any ideas at all I would love to hear them!

Comments (8)