Houzz Logo Print
msbreeze

Please help with floor and colour scheme suggestions!

Ali K
2 years ago

I’ll be renovating on a budget soon and there’s some tricky colour scheme issues, so I’d love suggestions.

The first priority will be reflooring and repainting the internal brick walls.

I’m wanting to replace the current terracotta-tile print lino with hybrid timber-look floors. I will be flooring over the dark grey-brown carpet in the formal living but unsure yet whether to floor into the bedrooms which have the same carpet.

I’m after a specific hybrid flooring colour option that will work with the grey walls and kitchen but not clash with the cream window frames.

The internal brick walls in the formal lounge will be repainted white ASAP, and I’d like to repaint the front door, maybe a feature colour or maybe white - would love suggestions.

Current owners recently painted the interior walls a very cool blue-based grey, the aluminium window frames are 1990s heavy cream colour, the kitchen cabinets are excellent quality and condition and done in a grey with undertones between blue and brown.

The bench tops are dark blue Laminex and I will replace them in the medium term, probably with white stone.

The curtains will all be replaced ASAP, probably with white. Frankly I’d prefer to repaint the whole interior white but that’s not a high priority given the grey paint is fresh.

I’d love some suggestions about the best way to achieve a reasonably cohesive colour scheme in the short terms without re-painting the grey walls.

Comments (3)