Houzz Logo Print
andyhenley

Carpet Colour Conundrum

A o
2 years ago

Hello brains trust,

I am seeking some advice on what colour carpet to choose for our second living area and three bedrooms.

Since moving into our 1950s sandstone fronted house we have been on a mission to de-brown/beige the inside and freshen it up, but have been conscious to keep the colour scheme warm to match certain elements inside and outside of the house and to avoid the wall to wall cool grey you see in a lot of new volume builder homes. So far we have avoided grey, except for some furniture.

We are trying to decide between two carpet colours the beigey Nevada or the grey Morado from EC carpets.

Existing colours are - Dulux Natural White walls and trim, and slightly off white sheers and curtains. Hallway and Kitchen adjacent are Jarrah. I have pasted some colours from online below.

I'm keen on the grey carpet as its a bit brighter and modern but worried it might skew a bit too blue or restrict our options. Basically I like it, but don't want it too look out of place.

We don't have any furniture for the living room yet but aiming for a modern Mid-Century look with warm neutrals - similar modern warm neutrals theme in bedrooms.

Any help appreciated! Need to decide soon.

Comments (12)