Houzz Logo Print
leaqj

What colour roof/gutter/trim/upper render to go with orange bricks?

leaqj
2 years ago

We are at the beginning of a renovation which will include new roof, render to the upper level and the building of a carport. The plans are made, the builder is sorted, but the colour choice is not. I love the bricks and style of the house, but what colour do we go with for the gutters and roof? We are changing to a Colorbond roof, probably in Ironstone or even Deep Ocean (ideas?). We are open to suggestions, the concrete balustrade is going and being replaced with timber wire/glass? The new carport is very plain and will align with the roofline. All our windows are being replaced as well...what colour do we go there? This is the biggest dilemma I am tempted just to leave them in natural aluminium as I think dark colours make the windows too stark and do not suit the style of house. I don't want minty green trim as that is what I got rid of years ago. It just looked wrong. Whatever colour it has to go with the natural blue/brown brick trim on the lower windows. Also we think we will just render the upper level in a slightly darker shade than the natural orange bricks below, unless anyone has some brilliant inspiration?

Comments (5)