Houzz Logo Print
moonya

Small Beach house--Gut upstairs and redesign Downstairs..will it work?

Sunfish House
2 years ago

Hi Houzzers, we did a mini makeover on this house last year whilst waiting for a permit to knockdown and rebuild. Our circumstances have now changed and we are now going to do a more substainial renovation. We plan to gut the upper flloor, It will house, kitchen, living, dining and a new, better located (non spiral staircase)

The lower floor will become Master with WIR and ensuite ) Using the existing spaces labelled - Bed 4.9 x 3.3 and Bed 2.7 x 3.5 and exisitng Laundry/Bath. for these areas.

The remaining space I had hoped to fit 2 extra bedrooms, staircase, entry and bathroom....

I think maybe doing this configuration is a bit tight and I may have to make master Bed bath and WIR smaller....(those rooms have brick walls..possibly load bearing.

In fact as I write I think the whole lover floor needs more thought.

Hoping Houzzers can get creative with these spaces and make it work.

We will need a garage and may do a simple prefab one that the council will aggree to., and a simple outdoor elfresco area. Ideally we'd like to extend the deck at some stage to....as that will require a permit, we will just put it on our wish list for now.

I'd really appreciate your input and opinion on how we can make this small house function .

thanking you all in anticipation of your clever ideas

Comments (18)