Houzz Logo Print
vamoos

Design Advice Please! For our Kitchen and Pantry

vamoos
2 years ago

We are waiting for approvals for our new build on a steep slope and I am having a closer look at our kitchen and pantry design. I would like to design the house to suit us as a soon-to-retire couple with a grown family who visit often. Looking at the kitchen design as it is, it seems chaotic and disorganised, and the wall along the back looks squeezed between the fridge and ovens.

I have never had a Butlers Pantry before and so am not sure how I would use it. I would like to be able to hide the mess (e.g. breakfast dishes and equipment and foodstuffs) but then if everything is in the Pantry, do you do ALL the prep in there too? I think it would be worthwhile if we need to sell down the track to have a Walk in Pantry at least?

*Do we need a door? I was hoping to put in a door, but then what do you do in the main kitchen because there is only an oven and fridge and sink, no kettles or tea bags ;D

*I was wondering if we should open up the back wall and put the fridge at the northern end of the island bench reducing the size of the Pantry?

My Kitchen hopes are:

*Breakfast area

*Large fridge/freezer (We eat a lot of fresh food) with icemaker

*80cm Induction Stove

*Double 60 cm wall ovens

*Dishwasher

*Osmosis Filtered water (Which sink would this be at?)

*Large sink/s to be able to wash large saucepans etc.

So grateful for your seasoned advice here!

Studio McGee kitchen below for inspiration :D

Comments (5)