Houzz Logo Print
natasha2106

Layout floor plan ideas - overwhelmed !!!!

natasha2106
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are extending the rear of our home to extend the master bedroom and the living areas. We have received a concept drawing but not loving the layout and kitchen / butler pantry. As we have not ceiling / loft space to keep costs lower we are having to keep the wooden beams to support the roof (which we are happy with) this just means we cannot remove the wall to the right of the butler pantry.

Currently the kitchen is in the upper half of the house that shows Lounge - as we will be changing this to a lounge / media room.

We have floor to ceiling windows on the rear of the building by the dining area and sliding full length doors next to the family area, but I'm struggling to work with the layout for the kitchen.

We want a separate pantry, butler pantry, large kitchen island. My kitchen design is to have all smooth high gloss white cabinets - no handles so that it is a smooth clean finish, hence the reason for wanting a butler pantry to hide away the appliances.

If anyone could provide any layout ideas, we are open to all suggestions. At this stage I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I have had this dream to renovate our house and make it a home with open plan, kitchen, diner, living but really struggling with the layout - any help / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Thank you all :)

Below is the house as it is at the moment and the drawing above the new planned renovation.

Comments (22)