Houzz Logo Print
webuser_565016127

Help- natural oak ravine or prime oak woodmatt for joinery

HU-565016127
2 years ago

Hi, we have selected Sahara Dune natrual oak LVP floor from heartridge.

Our kitchen bench is naturale concrete (very light grey) and our joinery is white - we a small section of joinery that will be timber look to break it up but struggling to match/compliment the polytec to the floor/bench.

we have selected prime oak woodmatt but wondering if its too dark and i need to do natural oak ravine?? HELP

Comments (6)

• bigreader
    2 years ago

The small section looks like an after thought as there are no other elements to relate it too. I’d take it out altogether- then you don’t need to worry about it working with the floor. You can add warmth and break up the white with the stools, light fittings, decor etc

• HU-565016127
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We have to have it there to avoid a join in the splashback. do you think make it white too? I was liking this look

• davincicalbourne
    2 years ago

We have the polytec woodmatt in the Tasmanian Oak and was worried it would be too light for the Blackbutt floor but I think it goes well without being too matchy matchy. First photo shows the front of kitchen bench woodmatt shelving against the floor. If you want to add a little more wood tone you could use it for the fridge recess. Second photo shows a flip on this idea - we used black to break up the wood.

• HU-565016127
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Looks great thank you :-)

• Maya Rose
    last year

Can I ask if you're happy with the Heartridge? Looking to get it for my place but can't find many reviews online!

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    last year

Hello HU-565016127, the two finishes Woodmatt and Ravine by Polytec seem to the important issue here, as they each have significantly different textured finished.

Your kitchen does not look to be a "Rustic" style where Ravine has a rustic almost rough sawn texture. As your kitchen has a more refined appearance the Woodmatt finish would be better suited because this finish in quite close to the appearance of natural wood.

Hope this helps, Malcolm.