Houzz Logo Print
vonnstar

Bathroom Tiling for Vaulted Ceiling

Von
2 years ago

We are about to renovate both main and ensuite. Currently only minimally tiled. The conundrum is that the ceiling is vaulted - the external wall is at 2250 and the internal opposite wall is at 2950. I've attached the shape of the side of the main bathroom to scale (so the wall with the toilet and vanity).

What advice would you have about how much of the walls to tile? All fully tiled seems like it will be too much tiling for a small bathroom. Have considered the floor and behind the bath to be one feature tile and then a half wall for the rest. Or half wall or 3/4 wall all around (except for shower nook). Or full wall behind the bath and then follow that height all around (though when I've seen this it seems to leave a weird triangular shape on the side walls). Or full tiles for three of the four walls (excluding the wall with the door). I guess we could add a false ceiling but I feel like the added height helps to make the space seem a little bigger.

We have a 70s split level house with vaulted ceiling throughout - and wood beams / ceiling wood panels in living area.

Appreciate any advice or thoughts! Thank you :)

Comments (9)