Houzz Logo Print
sandra_figs

front door for weatherboard

SANDRA FIGS
last year
last modified: last year

Hi There

I have a quirky 70's weatherboard home. It's not your usual design but I love it. I've been advised to paint it Monument Grey (pelmet and trims) and Heifer (walls). I'm replacing my screen door with a Privacyguard by Amplimesh (frame Monument Grey and screen section only comes in black). My porch light will be the Southampton from Beacon Lighting and my door, well...unsure. I love the one panel but cannot have a long handle/lock which I think looks best with it and then there is the horizontal 5 glass pane option (which I can't seem to get in Adelaide but must pay a fortune for online + delivery). Are there other modern door options you could recommend? OR should I just change the glass on my current front door to white and leave it at that OR just change handle and lock to modern black? I do need a security screen door for airflow and privacy as I'm located at a roundabout and all and sundry can see in if not a privacy screen (living space open plan, no separate entry walk-in). I'm currently in the thows of re-landscaping so no plants/trees/fencing! My plan is to have a strategically planted native garden (friend doing mud map), with a black or monument grey (unsure on colour) picket fence in the style in photo below. Any suggestions please provide as it's a one income household so on a relatively tight budget. Thanks :-).

What it looks like before painting:

What it used to look like:

Comments (6)