Houzz Logo Print
adnan_mustafa93

New build layout options - elevated house, two wings separated by deck

Adnan Mustafa
last year
last modified: last year

Edit: this post was originally just about a MB layout, but the feedback was awesome, so i've opened up the rest of the house for suggestions. Original post is below.

Designing a new house in the tropics (Darwin, Australia) where it is hot and humid most of the year. Needs to be airy and breezy - hoping to maximise passive cooling.

Original Post:

Hi,

I'm currently designing a new home, and am unsure of how much space I actually need when designing the Master Bedroom. I'm currently trying to fit the bedroom, WIR and ensuite into a 6mx6m space, but am unsure if this is sufficient.

If possible, I'd like to have a sliding door and window on opposite walls of the bedroom to allow for good airflow and cross ventilation. I live in the tropics, and so it is hot and humid for most of the year.

The ensuite does not need a bath, but if possible a small partition for the toilet would be nice.

Please see the below bedroom with entrance door, sliding door and window. I've also included the basic floorplan for the bedroom wing of the house.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (26)