Houzz Logo Print
danae_fleetwood67

Painting, floorboards, carpet order and timeframe?

DF
last year

Hi all!

This is my first post after my husband and I purchased a new home over the weekend - woo hoo! It is a deceased estate in need of some dire renos before we move in. We have just over 2 weeks crossover between our current rental and settlement to get work done before we move our furniture and 3 young kids in. However, not sure on how realistic our timelines are.

We are wanting -

• Wallpaper removed (this is not in all rooms, only the hallway and living room which is a huge 4x9)
  • 3 x bedrooms, hallway, living room painted (walls, ceiling, skirting boards, but all the same colour - Natural White)
  • Carpets laid in the 3 bedrooms
  • Floorboards in hallway and living room polished (they have been covered since new but there is a place where the carpet has been pulled up and they are a nice pine).

What we are not sure of -

• Is all of that feasible in 2 weeks?
  • What is best (given timeframes) - paint then floors or vice versa? Or paint, floors, touch up of paint perhaps even after we have moved in??

I know floors take some time to cure before we can move furniture in and freshly painted walls may be prone to collecting dust from the floors so time-wise we may be strugglings. If so, is there any way we could make it all work that you know of?

Comments (11)