Houzz Logo Print
talikins55

Can't agree on furniture layout: Kitchen/Dining/Living (30sqm)

talikins g
last year

Hi everyone! We are in a sticky situation and can't agree on a furniture layout for our commission style home. We have removed the wall between the kitchen/living area to open the space but are stuck on a long term layout until we renovate the kitchen in 3-5 years. We entertain frequently so our priority is keeping the 6 seater table. Other furniture is in the pictures but long term all I want to keep in the living room is the white Ikea display cabinet and our antique bar cabinet and the 3 seater lounge I don't like walking through the front door and walking straight into the lounge (door won't fully open as the lounge is there) but my partner is insistent on it staying there and eventually adding a tv to the opposte wall 5 metres away (where the microwave is), which would render the middle of the room useless. Our dining table currently sits halfway between the hardwood and vinyl floors. This house is TINY for us as we grew up in acreage homes and all the furniture is acreage home sized. See floorplan for more info, but the "tv" wall is no longer there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Entire kitchen/living area is approximately 30sqm.

Comments (10)