Houzz Logo Print
innersanctuminteriors

1960s to Now - Duplex Transformation

These original red brick duplexes were a common site, in a few suburbs around the Canberra region. Built-in the mid-1960s they were a popular and affordable form of housing at the time.

Before:

After:

Duplex with Character · More Info

My clients originally purchased this property to be their retirement home. The client engaged me with already such a wealth of knowledge behind her, and with a clear vision of the final feel that she wanted.

My client and I clicked on the first meeting as we studied some new floorplans that had been supplied by another party. She wasn't happy with them and couldn't quite work out why. So we worked on the new floorplan, evolving internal inclusions under my guidence with: Vinyl Loose lay flooring, Laminex for Joinery, Paint Plan for overall colour scheme to blend with final material selection,Lighting & Electrical plan, bathroom design details & colour scheme and input into the window colour, their configurations and window furnishings.

Before:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

We also decided to include a small front deck as the views were stunning from the front entry, and also the perfect spot for a morning cuppa. All tonal values were carefully selected to allow the joinery and rooms to flow in unison.

The wall colour for the toilet was chosen to blend the feature tiles to the room, to make it look less disjointed. These homes are very compact, so the illusion of space with function was pivotal. Clean, simple but warm lines were selected and the end result gave a fabulous result.

Before:

After :

My dear clients ended up selling this property due to a change in circumstances, for the record price in the Chifley suburb. We were all thrilled with the outcome, and they were sad to be leaving.

Before:

After:

Check out the entire project here!

Comments (2)