Houzz Logo Print
bronwenh8

Kitchen: From u-shape to island with desk

bronwenh8
last year
last modified: last year

Hello all, after a long time debating with myself I have finally landed on the changes that i would like to make on my home, however I am stumped on some finer details.

Changes will be as follows:

- Kitchen moved from current U/G shape to where dining currently is and becomes Island Kitchen

- Internal entrance from kitchen into garage (no door currently so this can be placed anywhere along the back wall)

- Desk area in current kitchen nook (I work permanently from home and have moved my office from my 3rd bedroom as I want to be able to multitask as well as enjoy my home whilst working)

-Wall between front lounge and family room will be removed and dining table will be moved to current family room area (relaxed open plan seems to really work for me) and 3rd room is always free to add a tv and sofa to if required. No children or SO to consider so it's all for me :)

I'm just struggling to come up with the right position for the kitchen door entrance to the garage and also the cabinets etc

The window to the right sits at around 55cm to the back wall so maybe not possible to have the fridge or a pantry there as it would block off the window too much, but I think a standard cabinet height wouldn't look too out of place.

Please let me know your thoughts/ suggestions

Thank you

Current measurements of kitchen/dining is 6400 along wall to left below (garage is on other side of that wall) and 2400 is wall where the desk will be. Desk wall will stay up.

Width is 2800 from back wall to end of planned island benchtop.

plans

current kitchen

planned kitchen

original kitchen/dining

Comments (30)