Houzz Logo Print
kaps34

Under floor insulation any tips please?

last month

We are going to install underfloor insulation on the weekend and would like to know any tips beforehand please, as well as a couple of questions:

• We have possums and possibly bush rats that get into our roof and wall cavity and also under the house. Is there any way I can protect or cover the insulation?
  • Should we also buy some sarking or something to line it with first, could the fibres come through the floor when I vacuum, or wetting it when I mop (probably slim as no big gaps).
  • Is there something I should cover over it as we can walk and store things under the house, is it a risk to breath in fibres.

We are 2hrs north of Sydney Australia, we sanded the wooden floors a few years ago. The house is on a slope, so one end we can walk under easily and the other still quite accessible.

The insulation is BRADFORD OPTIMO UNDERFLOOR BATTS R2.5 8 20 PIECE PACK 1160 mm x 565 mm x 90mm.

Thank you :)