Houzz Logo Print
ash_heritier

ADVICE NEEDED - planning permit objection

ash_heritier
4 years ago
Hi all,

My husband and I purchased our home last year and it’s a 1960s brick home on 1000sqm. The block next door which is of equal size to ours had an old weatherboard home which was demolished six months ago. The planning application is now public and they are going to build two double story houses side by side on the block.

There is a protected banksia in their front yard and we were prepared for two houses. However we are very new to this and they seem quite intrusive and close to our home. We have spent quite a lot of time going over the plans to make sure our home isn’t impacted too much, especially the amount of sunlight we will get.

My question is, can anyone offer advice on what to look for or are there professionals that can help us better understand the plans?

We have done a pretty thorough comparison so far and will do some measurements outside tomorrow to get a better idea of the scale.

I’ve attached the link to 42 Fortescue Avenue for anyone interested.

https://www.frankston.vic.gov.au/Planning_and_Building/Planning/Planning_permits/View_currently_advertised_planning_applications#Seaford

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Ash

Comments (12)