Houzz Logo Print
webuser_744924227

Help - has my builder made a mistake?

HU-744924227
4 years ago

Hi, I’m looking for some advice, please. Has my builder installed the shower onto the wrong wall? (Photo below).

He has not installed it on the same wall as my toilet and hand basin. It’s installed on the other opposite wall, and when you run the shower it pools underneath your feet to about one inch depth, as the water doesn’t drain fast enough as the drain is directly under your feet, and then the water leaks out under the bottom of glass door through the metal door hinge. Surely the shower should have been installed on the same wall as the toilet and hand basin, therefore allowing the water to drain down the floor fall to the floor drain and drain effectively, and allowing you to step into the shower, closing the door and then the water splashing on the fixed glass of the shower cabinet, and not reaching the door to leak out? The glass door cannot be relocated as you couldn’t get into the shower, as the toilet would be in the way. What do you think? Would really value your advice, thank you

Comments (4)