Test Yourself: How Eco-Friendly Is your Lifestyle?
Are your habits good for the planet, or do you produce a huge amount of CO2? Take this quiz to find out
1. These days, everything from homes to appliances come with energy-efficiency ratings. Do you check these ratings?
2. The wind rushes ice-cold through the gaps in your home’s old windows. What do you do?
3. You need some furniture. What will you do?
4. Entertainment technology like TVs, computers and game consoles are some of the biggest household energy guzzlers. What do you do to minimise how much energy you use for entertainment?
5. Water is a scarce resource. One of the places you can save is the bathroom: a regular showerhead uses about 10 to 20 litres of water per minute, so daily 10-minute showers can amount to as much as 73,000 litres of water a year. On the other hand, a high-efficiency showerhead uses six to 10 litres of water per minute. Have you installed one in your bathroom?
6. A heat pump can be a climate-friendly alternative to other heating systems. But what is a heat pump?
7. What are your priorities when building a new home?
8. What do you think about when choosing light bulbs for your lamps?
9. You can reduce your power consumption by up to 55 percent by using the washing machine at 30°C instead of 60°C.* What are your laundry habits?
10. Does the global climate influence how you grow plants in your garden or on your balcony?
Doors Houzz Quiz: Which Colour Front Door Should You Have?
By Jenny Drew
Think you’re hip enough for orange? Or optimistic enough for yellow? Take our front-door personality quiz and find outFull Story
Quizzes Guessing Game: What Feature Do These Spaces Share?
Take a look and see if you can figure out the common thread running between these 12 spacesFull Story
Fun Houzz Houzz Quiz: Which Mid-Century Modern Chair Are You?
Have a seat for a little fun. Better yet, have a seat that has you written all over itFull Story
Bedrooms Houzz Quiz: What Colour Should You Paint Your Bedroom Walls?
By Jennifer Ott
Cool and soothing, or warm and spicy? Answer these questions and learn what hue is right for youFull Story
Kitchen Styles Houzz Quiz: What Style of Kitchen Should You Have?
By Jenny Drew
Should you be cooking up a storm in a country, contemporary, traditional or another style of kitchen? Take our quiz to find outFull Story