Test Yourself: How Eco-Friendly Is your Lifestyle?
Are your habits good for the planet, or do you produce a huge amount of CO2? Take this quiz to find out
1. These days, everything from homes to appliances come with energy-efficiency ratings. Do you check these ratings?
2. The wind rushes ice-cold through the gaps in your home’s old windows. What do you do?
3. You need some furniture. What will you do?
4. Entertainment technology like TVs, computers and game consoles are some of the biggest household energy guzzlers. What do you do to minimise how much energy you use for entertainment?
5. Water is a scarce resource. One of the places you can save is the bathroom: a regular showerhead uses about 10 to 20 litres of water per minute, so daily 10-minute showers can amount to as much as 73,000 litres of water a year. On the other hand, a high-efficiency showerhead uses six to 10 litres of water per minute. Have you installed one in your bathroom?
6. A heat pump can be a climate-friendly alternative to other heating systems. But what is a heat pump?
7. What are your priorities when building a new home?
8. What do you think about when choosing light bulbs for your lamps?
9. You can reduce your power consumption by up to 55 percent by using the washing machine at 30°C instead of 60°C.* What are your laundry habits?
10. Does the global climate influence how you grow plants in your garden or on your balcony?
Renovating Advice 5 Biggest Renovation Budget Blow-Outs (and How to Avoid Them)
Don't let costly mistakes stress you out and slow down your renovation – here are the five most common ones to avoidFull Story
Design Features Expert Eye: The Biggest Trends in European Design for 2019
By Houzz AU
In the wake of the big autumn trade fairs, we take stock of future trends and where the European design world is headingFull Story
3 Things I Wish My Clients Knew A Removalist Reveals: 3 Things I Wish My Clients Knew
A removalist shares three important things you need to know before you move houseFull Story
Popular Houzz Series Best of the Week: 24 Small Outdoor Spaces That Work
These compact alfresco areas achieve a relaxing ambience and a welcome connection with the great outdoorsFull Story
Eco Living A Room-by-Room Guide to Reducing Plastics in Your Home
By Jen Richards
Follow this seven-step zone-by-zone guide to get you started on a plastic-free home that you can be proud ofFull Story