BarkerContemporary Bathroom, Sydney
What Houzz contributors are saying:
3. Poor quality work and finishesOne of the biggest mistakes I see people make is trying to cut corners by not using quality trades or products. Renovating is not about cutting corners or smoke and mirrors – there is no room for shonky finishes or unsafe practices. When it comes to a bathroom renovation, you do not want dodgy waterproofing – trust me, when it comes to your budget, this is where you should invest. Do it right the first time by using a certified waterproofing professional, and ensure that you are provided with a waterproofing certificate and warranty after work is completed.
29. Location: Sydney, NSWDesigner: Urban FutureFeatures: A window arrangement that provides privacy to the shower but still lets in the light.
34. Location: Sydney, NSWDesigner: Urban FutureFeatures: Pattern can add charm to a bathroom floor like nothing else.
20. A different slant. Sydney, NSW
8. Location: Sydney, NSWWhy we love it: With a bright white backdrop, lashings of natural light, and luxurious touches such as twin showerheads and double glass doors, just looking at this bathroom makes us feel refreshed.
Encaustic cement tiles add character and warmth to a bathroom because of their texture – visually and beneath the feet – and pattern. Tip: Encaustic tiles need to be resealed about once a year, but porcelain encaustic-look tiles are now available that have the same artisan style and feel, without the need for maintenance.See more statement tiles in bathrooms