keggas

how would you design a family house for adults with adhd

K L
last year

I have adhd and a growing family. We want to renovate our home to add bedrooms but are basically playing around with knocking out interior walls and playing jigsaw with all the rooms to make it all run more efficiently as our house is a maze at the moment and it doesn’t work for us. Looks are secondary to functionality and practicality in our situation.
I’d like to know of any ideas of room configurations/ locations/tips that would aid the day to day ease of a parent/family with adhd. For example “put it where you use it” seems to be a very important saying in our house, therefore an example would be a mud room to keep shoes/jackets etc located at the front door and another at the back door as shoes get put on and taken off at the front door so that makes sense. Another example I’d like to have a toilet located close to the front door as we often need to go right as we are rushing/running late out the door and then have to track all the way back through the house to go toilet before walking all the way back to leave.
Any other ideas?
more so focused on build/layout/design and location of rooms/furniture, cheers

Comments (4)