webuser_38087560

Ques. re glass doors & security screens combos. + Styles?Recommendtns?

Does anyone know the reason why security screen windows and doors are always put on the outside of a building and the glass door on the inside of it? This is probably a dumb question. The home that I purchased which definitely appears to be a DIY everywhere by previous owner, has the screen doors for all of the doors on the inside and the glass sliding door on the inside. I thought it was odd and my friends have commented that it is odd the way it is set up.

However, I am considering replacing a set of louvred windows (with a flyscreen just stuck on outside of building) with a double glass door with timber trim or french style double doors PLUS two outward opening screen doors. I also want to have a doggie door put on the screen door. In thinking about this, it actually made some sense as to why the screen doors should be on the inside and the glass door on the outside of the building. If it is done the standard way, then the nice french doors will be hidden by the screen doors.

What are the pros and cons of the door and security screen door being fitted these 2 different ways.

Comments (9)