Is your window splashback a pain to clean?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
Hardest thing to clean in your house?
Comments (26)Ok, so I decided to clean the outside of the kitchen windows. They look great. Not so great, (in fact vomit material as I have been dry retching trying to deal with the situation) is that some water got into the inside track of one of the windows (the one that doesn't open). I didn't think anything of it figuring the water will evaporate. What I hadn't taken into account was the smell. There has been a faint smell and I couldn't work out what it was - until I discovered the water in the track. OMG does it stink. I have been trying to mop it up with kitchen towelling and nearly vomiting in the process. I have tried blow drying it - just spreads smell even worse. Any ideas as I am gagging? The smell is now spreading.........See MoreMirror glass splashback- the good, bad and ugly?
Comments (29)Mirror splash backs would look lovely in a show home. Mirrors are only stunning when there sparkling clean. They would annoy me if they were constantly needing to be cleaned. I think you would be creating an on going chore for yourself, like Karen Mc, they would drive me crazy. Why don't you have a look at some of these https://au.pinterest.com/GDBully/kitchen-window-splashback/ There are endless choices, I wouldn't be making work for myself. Depends I suppose how long you are going to live there....See MoreKitchen window splashback - feedback please!
Comments (9)We've moved into our build 6mth ago, with a new window splashback. We don't have a view out it. We have a 4.5m wide house and needed to give the illusion of extra width. The extra light is nice. At the moment we are looking onto a blank beige wall of the house next door. I'm toying with faux green wall or having a mural painted. I like to take my time with these decisions. Anyway- home truths. No I don't clean it each time I wash up. When I do, it is dirtier on the outside anyway. Do I see the spots? No. I used to have a solid glass splashback in our last house- it drove me nuts! I think because your eye is drawn outside, it detracts from the splash. Whereas with solid colour anything- all you see is the splatters. We got toughened glass. My stove/hob is not against it. Go for it- you will love it....See Morekitchen window splashback
Comments (7)Hi, I can't comment on point 1. Perhaps post a plan of your kitchen. I have a window splashback- love it!! The sink is near it, so yes it gets 'splash' BUT I've found it to be incredibly forgiving. You don't see the splash marks because your eye is drawn beyond the window. It gets a clean once-a-week. I don't feel compelled to clean it obsessively. I've had standard glass splashback in the past- yes it was easy to clean, but I was cleaning it daily as it showed up every single splash or streak....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago

elinitha_au