rangehood over 4 in a row stove top
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
5 top kitchen trends
Comments (7)My answer is based upon what I see on my jobs, which often involves a collaboration of ideas based upon client needs and desires. I don't always see the practicality in what people are asking for, but we try to give people what they want. I will usually speak up if I see a train wreck coming, but for the most part kitchens are based upon individual client feedback. Here is a top 5 list of what clients have been asking for: I have seen a lot of kitchens drawn with two islands. Not sure where this trend started, but of course this only works in very large kitchens. I personally would rather see an island and an eating area. The two island concept is for familes that do a lot of large scale entertaining. It works well for catered parties when a kitchen staff is present. A lot of clients are asking for wine refrigerators, in addition to regular refrigeration. Sometimes these units are in the regular kitchen triangle, sometimes in side rooms or butler's pantries. Glass tile is very popular right now. There are great looking, newly introduced options at the tile stores. Also, clients are seeing these options and bringing pictures of various glass designs and asking, " where can we put this". I do like the glass trend, it's a very practical choice for backsplashes and creates a nice transitional look. Kitchen faucets are being introduced with great new features. The pull out faucet is very popular and always on client's wish lists. There is also the newer "touch technology" which I think was made popular by the various cooking networks. Moen has what they call MotionSense, which basically is a sensor that is activated by a touch or a wave of the hand for " hands- free" convenience. Finally, I get many clients asking for a blend of styles. Right now we are just finishing up a kitchen where the homeowner wanted a vintage/modern feel. She had a beautiful, restored vintage stove that she felt strongly about re-using. I was actually surprised at how well this turned out. It's really my favorite thing in the kitchen. There are many modern elements like cork flooring, two dish washers, huge fridge and freezer all combined with this shiny, white vintage stove. It worked, I was surprised. That's my top 5 list. I look forward to seeing other ideas. Thanks for the question. Charmean Neithart...See MoreTop cupboards and walk in pantry necessary?
Comments (9)Definately no overheads necessary, this glass section will look amazing, I've doe this in a kitchen, and it looks as though the tops been peeled back. It is amazing to have this size space, and tall cabinets next to the fridge will look fully integrated, my only thought is that while it may not need a walk in pantry, most people want one if it's do-able. To do both, I would offset another wall where your fridge is, by about 1500mm, keeping the fridge at the end, then as if the tall cabinets were there anyway, apply cabinet doors (panels to the wall with one of them actually concealing the entrance to a walk in, with full height open shelves. Tis way it's ample pantry storage, but also can accommodate a multitude of appliances and kitchenalia. When the pantry doors closed it will look like the design you currently have, with a nice surprise behind the wall. Best of both worlds. Taking the 1500mm off the width of this room will actually square up the rooms proportions anyway. So I'd do this....See MoreFrozen by indecision over kitchen layout
Comments (10)Hi tashnmitch, I know you like the island, everyone likes the island, but I'll have to agree with mattban and haephestus here, I'm afraid the galley kitchen isn't going to work or be very practical... Besides the point raised above about not enough room between the island seats and the stacker door, there are other spacing issues. 1. You've got just over 1m between the island and the cabinetry/bench where the stove top is, restricting passage particularly when say dishwasher is open, etc (or oven, but I imagine the oven would be in a tower) 2. Island with sinks in them usually require to be a bit wider than 900mm as you need at least 550mm for the sink itself, otherwise it doesn't leave much comfortable space for eating if seated behind the sink 3. If you currently have a full pantry as it stands, just be aware that you're reducing your pantry space by more than half, personally wouldn't compromise on storage 4. I would prefer an island looking at the open plan, just personal pref as I like to watch tv from the kitchen :) but more importantly ideally shouldn't it be the ppl seated at the island looking out? Anyway, just some food for thought, I'm sure you'll work something out and what works best for you, but I would personally consider haephestus suggestion which is on the right track in my opinion... ... very wide galley kitchen with benchtop to the pantry along the exterior wall and bi-fold window with servery to outdoor area... Good luck :)...See MoreOff centre rangehood and oven
Comments (14)Hi Julie, There's a discrepancy between your front and overhead elevations on your plans. Your front elevation indicates 1050 per side of the centre line - indicating a total length of the wall as 2100 with a 900 oven - effectively leaving you with 600 either side for your microwave and cupboard. Your overhead elevation is looking off - it's indicating 540 cupboard, 900 oven and 600 totalling 2040mm and the combined length on that plan is stating 2040mm. Looks to my amateur eye that there is a hiccup in the plans - head down to site with a tape measure and check what's been built - and talk to your builder about how he read the plans (I'd also be asking why this is the first time I'm seeing any issues). You could make it look less noticeable by changing the small cupboard doors - just have one door rather than two will help alleviate the look of the 60mm discrepancy. If you find that it is the plans that are off - I'd go back to whomever drew them up for a quiet word - you won't help yourself but you might stop someone else from having a similar issue. Good luck!...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago


Solaire