Does anyone like a brick pattern with square floor tiles?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Matching floor tiles with timber flooring
Comments (5)Your tile will co-ordinate beautifully with the timber if you can pick one of the darker colours out of the timber and select a tile in this family of colour. The trick to making a colour concept work is to either co-ordinate or contrast. If your timber is as busy with grain and colour as the image you've shown, then maybe co-coordinating is the best way to go. Never chose materials independently of each other - always take a tile sample home to see in the natural light, next to the timber. I hope it all works out the way you envisage it. Cheers, Michelle...See MoreTiled Floor Replacement - bamboo?
Comments (34)Here's a video of an area of water damaged bamboo being removed and replaced Joyzzz. Maybe you'll consider replacing the area in front of your fridge. Like you I also have bamboo in the kitchen (and pot plants throughout the house), but haven't had any issues with spills marking the floor. It's a shame there's so much variation in the manufacturing process resulting in some floors tolerating spills and others not at all. I do have a damaged board though thanks to a guest leaving a tap running causing an overflow...that I wasn't told about until days later, grrr. Fortunately the damage is in a shadowed corner and the sealer is still intact, so it isn't noticeable, just a wrinkled surface to the touch. Which is lucky, because our home is earth-covered and there is nowhere for water to drain out of the sub-floor as we "tanked" it with a sealer to ensure no moisture can make its way in. That board sat there in a puddle for days! I still wonder why only one board suffered damage, very strange......See MoreBathroom floor tile colour - pls help!
Comments (36)Hi Kirsty, could you please advise the colour of your vanity and whether it is a custom made one and if not, could you let me know its name and where you bought it. Also, what is the colour of your floors tiles and where did you get them from. (I have come to the conclusion that charcoal/dark grey tile plus a much lighter grey tile plus white on some walls plus a timber vanity or timber accessories in bathroom , plus white (or close to it) below sink counter top is the way to go for a beautiful bathroom. The trick is figuring out exactly what proportion of each colour to use and where to put them for each particular layout....See MoreTo square or not to square? Should we lose the arches?
Comments (39)From your drawings I leaned towards squaring off the arches but seeing the house IRL I say keep them. Being raised from the road and the way the house is perceived to sit into the land, they look great. There is a graciousness to the arches which you don't often see in houses of this era, I think it because they are not uniform. I would look at the Spanish Mission style homes in Palm Springs for inspiration and keep the roof tiles rather than go colourbond too. You can still do a version of beach just more Spanish mission hacienda style!...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago




Anne Monsour