Houzz Logo Print
stylelishes

Kitchen Colour Pallet Crisis

stylelishes
6 years ago

Hi, prepare to be inundated with detail and ideas in my head!

Inspirations....

Homefield Road · More Info

I am having mind wars on colours in our looming entire kitchen renovation. Whilst I like new concepts and designs I try to stay away from fads but at the same time be a little more creative than boring. Our current apricot laminex kitchen, u shaped will become an L shaped kitchen with separate island bench and opposite, the pantry cupboards. I am certain on using an natural oak veneer look material and contemplating Polytec's Ravine, Natural Oak. Horizontal double row top cabinets, bottom half an off white horizontal style drawers with built in ovens. This design will continue around the kitchen with under sink and corner cupboards being off white like the bottom oven area, then the island separate. I was going to use the wood ravine as an opposite contrast on the island and on both sides so this is visible from the dining room table. Then tall pantry doors completely opposite the L shape, to be in timber ravine also. I have purchase Blanco Black/anthracite double sink and tap. I am trying to introduce a contemporary industrial feel as we have dark slate floors and natural timber beam which forms a perimeter around the kitchen area. So I feel timber with white and black fixtures will send me in the right direction, however!, the bench top and splashback...I have gone from Caesarstone's raw concrete bench top to a complete opposite like Calcutta Novo. Completely different concepts...which one???. then the splashback. I firstly thought a matt black stone type tile, maybe hexagonal or should I be thinking a lighter splashback but still natural stone look.

I feel as though the natural stone wood and concrete with black highlights here and there is the way to go, but these two areas have me stumped. Here is my kitchen currently and attached are my pinterest pins along the way. more to look at means more confusion.. :(

kitchen now

Inspirations...

Castlecrag House, Sydney, Australia · More Info

Heritage home renovated by Tanner Kibble Denton Architects TDKA · More Info

Comments (7)