Houzz Logo Print
houseberry

Helllp

11 years ago
My house needs a lot of improvements so pls help. The floor is green tiles,walls are yellow and the house has a lot of brown. Here is the part of the house that needs more help.

Comments (5)

  • 11 years ago
    Ok you are right it is ugly
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I would paint the wall white, and buy a rug to use under the table - maybe jute - ikea have nice jute rugs that aren't too expensive. Are you thinking of painting the skirtings and doors... big job, but I think you'd be amazed at the difference it makes to your space. Personally, I would paint all the timber white! Also art on the walls - one large artwork on the wall to the right, with just a touch of green - similar to the floor green.

    I hope this helps.

    Good luck.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I'm no style icon, so you need other comments! Maybe you should re-post.


    I like this with white walls and the jute rug, but it could have too much green for you????

  • 11 years ago
    De cluttering is the cheapest decorating trick. Followed by white paint.

    Have a good clean up then paint trim, walls and ceiling white.

    Then agree with above, a jute type rug and artwork with some green.

    I don't mind the green tiles.
  • 11 years ago
    I agree, paint the walls and the timber, even a white wash on timber so you can still see grain. The floors don't offend, I think a nice floor rug to break up the expanse. The yellowish walls and timber are the things that are easiest to change, if you have any strength left I would paint table and chairs in chalk paint then wax. Good luck and keep us all posted.