Which white do you like better?!
10 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (75)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Soild floor and engineering floor which is better?
Comments (8)I can only give you my experience. I've lived for over 20yrs on real hardwood floors. And every time I stand on any kind of laminated plank it looks and feels like cheap plastic. There is just no comparison to actual wood flooring. Timber absorbs vibration, feels pleasant underfoot either barefoot or shoed. It looks real, because it is. Timber planks are 20mm thick, laminate ones are 5mm. Laminate flooring looks like a printed piece of plastic because, well it's very similar except for the top 2mm of veneer stuck to it. It may fool us in brochures and magazines but I've never once been fooled by laminate in person. They can give it all the fancy names they want like 'engineered' but at the end of the day it's all the same stuff. Laminated veneers on cheap plywood. But not one person on the planet has ever fooled that it's a real floorboard. Does timber scratch? Absolutely. So don't put a piano finish on it then. Stick with satin and matte finishes. It shows up the marks a lot less. Does timber dent? Absolutely. But those dents become part of the character of the home over time. I recently lived in a home with floorboards over 100yrs old. They had dents everywhere and yet those boards just looked lived on, they didn't look terrible. Does timber suffer water damage? Yes of course. But before you worry about it, go and check out the thousands of 100yrs old hardwood homes sitting on flood plains in this country. Every single one of them has been underwater more than once in it's lifetime. The original boards are there, strong and unfazed. Unless you plan to flood your home for weeks on end the occassional spill and overflow won't damage the timber at all. I'm a quality over quantity type of person so of course I'm going to rate going with the lifetime option over the rip it out every 5yrs option. If I had the money for hardwood I would not even consider plastic planks....See MoreWhich room looks better?
Comments (36)From the style of the dining suite, the hutch and the club arms (square) on the sofas it looks like your design style is more traditional than contemporary. If this is the case, you will probably be happier with the Persian rug. However the orange, yellow and turquoise chevron patterned scatter cushions don't work with this rug as the colours are too contemporary. If you like turquoise, try teal as the deeper shade goes well with red, grey and black....See MoreWhich one of these Cubism art pillows do you like the best?
Comments (7)I love them all!! Very hard to choose. I would say the bottom one, just love all those colours!...See MoreWhich oil painting do you like out of these?
Comments (45)I can see you have already had some great advice and if I offered my choice from the three it would be the middle one. But in truth, I personally wouldn’t have any of them as they just remind me of those ‘real fake’ pictures where a group Thai ‘artists’ each paint a part and pass it on, banging out 100 a day. I am pleased that some Thai family is in employment, just not sure about all the middlemen. For our wedding my wife and I asked all guest to donate whatever they felt they wanted toward a painting, we already had enough kettles. In the end we had enough to buy a painting each. I originally wanted to buy a picture that may go up in value and be something of an investment for my son. The gallery owner who helped us with our choice made this point, that when you choose something for an investment its worth remembering you should enjoy looking at the picture as well. We went with that advice first. I’m sure there must plenty of places where a genuine local artist would appreciate the purchase of their work in order to make a living. My plan when we finish our rebuild here in Christchurch is to fill our walls this way. But if you ended up with an abstract those links on doing one yourself looked interesting....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years agoSushiiphoto thanked Derek Wales and Son Surface Coatings
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
















Elements at Home