Oh, the bungalow definitely needed a makeover. I saw the first photo and was like 'oh wow, it's so cute!' but then scrolled down to the end and then realised why the makeover was done in the first place. Great job! Definitely looks like a modern home now.
Nice on the inside and well done to the owners, but personally I don't like the angled roofline - I always think its a shame when owners choose not to renovate in keeping with the age of a home which can also be done to a modern standard - and still look amazing! The house looks great on the inside apart from the angled ceiling but the exterior - I feel the two completely different styles do not go together at all - the front is stunning, they've done a fantastic job and the back looks like it belongs in some brand new apartment building, not tacked on the back of a 100 year old villa... Look at how this 100 year old villa was done - totally in keeping with rest of house.
Older homes are also the 'real world' sally wastie? And yes I totally agree its wonderful to bring them up to date and give them a new life as I have with my 5 bedroom Villa, but its the way in which you choose to do that which either offers continued respect for the building, its history and architecture, or removes its character and heart, so it becomes devoid of its energy and sadly, it's entire previous life.
Courtney Allan
Daryl Silcock
Related Discussions
Injecting Light Into a 19th Century Bungalow - Before & After
Q
A bathroom makeover: Before and after
Q
Before & after: A classic Californian bungalow
Q
Before & After: A Tween Boy's Bedroom Room Makeover
Q
sally wastie
Daryl Silcock