Pantry shelving?
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
Related Discussions
This or that: Pantry shelves or pull out pantry cabinets?
Comments (6)Kitchen size would dictate, but I find shelving, provided it is not too deep, is more accessible than sliding units. I also live with people who don't know how to close things....See MoreKitchen Window & Butlers Pantry Help
Comments (4)I agree - skylights are ideal if you can put them in. I note that you have stairs leading somewhere - I assume you've got a second floor - if this is the case then ensure that your ceiling walls, shelving are all white to bounce the light around. Opposite the window and your sliding doors put in a mirror behind your pantry shelves which will help reflect light and maximize the available "free" light available. Put in good quality LED strip lighting under the shelves that will also assist you - and see if you can have them tied to motion sensors (it'll come down to your budget).. As to what Jo's reference, pantries are for storing food stuffs and ideally are cool with at least some areas that are dark so think about providing this in the way of doors that will allow for a darker area for things such potatoes and onions that need cool dark places to avoid sprouting. This would allow the best of both worlds for you....See MorePantry shelves are too deep and I lose things! Any ideas?
Comments (26)Also you need what you use all the time at eye level you seem to have every day items on the bottom shelf. The middle two would be so much easier. I also feel it could be time for a big clean out. Empty everything from all shelves, I know its very time consuming but the only way to do it. Allow a whole day. Go through everything individually, put like items together. Keep baking items together, sauces, gravies etc. together, cereals together, snacks together. Work out if you need to buy some baskets or plastic containers for loose items that should go together. Once you start you will be on a roll. When finished you will wonder why you didn't do this before. Dont forget the timber steps, I think you can buy plastic ones also. I have also seen expanding racks that do the same. But I have found them to be a bit over priced. Don't forget to treat yourself after the good job you have done. Good luck...See MorePantry shelving depth
Comments (3)Ideally have them put in shelves that can be adjusted (holes down the sides that you put those plugs into.) That way you can make the shelves varying heights that best suits what you want yo put in there. I did this, and I have one tall shelf for high cereal packets and other smaller shelves that just accommodate two tins on top of each other, plus another shelf that is just right for my storage containers. That way you make the best use of the space....See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago









Kate