Houzz Logo Print
nicoletaylor_design

Reviving Serenity: Stunning Transformation on the Mornington Peninsula

This mud brick home on the Mornington Peninsula required a full update including a new kitchen, flooring, painting, lighting, window treatments and furniture. The owner who’s a repeat client, wanted to move away from the ranch look into a more modern monochromatic style to suit him and his two children. It was also key that we create a functional and comfortable space for their indoor-outdoor lifestyle in which they regularly entertain.

Before:

After:

Mt Martha · More Info

Before:

After:

Mt Martha · More Info

We designed the kitchen with a central bench, including storage on both sides. The brief stated it was important to see the pool from the kitchen window when cooking. Storage was maximised by utilising the pitched roof with cupboards. Concrete floors in the open-plan kitchen, dining and family area replaced outdated terracotta tiles.

Before:

After:

Mt Martha · More Info

New carpet in the bedrooms to add comfort and texture. Walls and ceilings in Dulux Natural White brought new life to the pitched ceiling which has become a striking feature of the house. A very comfy sofa and ottoman was requested to enjoy evenings by the fire watching films. We kept the antique dining setting and updated it with modern chairs, rug and a painting by Ingrid Daniell.

Before:

After:

Mt Martha · More Info

Before:

After:

Mt Martha · More Info

All elements came together to create a harmonious, yet modern space that oozes serenity. My client absolutely loves his new home. Whenever I speak to him he tells me how grateful he is each day for the transformation we made to his property.

Check out the entire project here!

Comments (2)

• alimcg
    2 months ago

I really love this transformation. I especially like the way in which you have altered the mood of the whole house without making any drastic changes. I also really love how every room feels very connected and part of the same overall space. It feels brighter and cleaner while keeping the original integrity of the building - the brickwork and the texture of the walls, etc. A master class in making a big impact without spending a huge amount of money or time.

• PRO
    Nicole Taylor Design
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Thanks so much. It’s a very cohesive and functional space. Everyone loves it.