Surprise visitors creeping indoors?
12 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (36)
- 12 years ago
Related Discussions
Yay or nay? Bidets
Comments (116)@Souzette Lovell, I know nothing about bidets but just commenting on your question about water being splashed on untiled areas of your bathroom. I constructed my bathroom entirely with villa board, and the only plaster is on the ceiling. I have also tiled the entire bathroom to the ceiling because it made sense to do this rather than be concerned about any water ingress anywhere as well as any damage from something like the hand held shattaff you mention and it means zero maintenence having to repaint from time to time. My suggestion is if it's not too late to use villaboard and not plaster, in fact I'm surprised all bathrooms aren't fitted out with villaboard but I don't think it's compulsory except for the shower cubicle. I did it so there would never be an issue with water damage as this material is impervious to water ingress. Otherwise if it's too late and your bathroom is complete, I would tile this wall or a section of the wall as it would make more sense to be able to wipe the tiles regularly in case of any unwanted splashes from regular use if there are children especially, as their aim isn't always perfect and it's hard to clean plaster ha-ha!!...See MoreWhich potted plants require the least amount of care?
Comments (24)Hi petapea, the phal orchids, I have killed more that two but now have one with three stems of buds and I am pretty happy with myself... I went to an orchid fair..advice was plant them in blue metal. Yes blue metal!!! I mixed some spagnum moss and charcoal through my blue metal. I water only when blue metal not looking dark. We have been going through a cool spring so about every two to four weeks. They sit in a north facing window and when I water I using strike back for orchids liquid fertiliser every third of fourth time just water to flush. It has taken two to three years and many sad phal deaths to succeed...See MoreCreative ideas needed for a luxury bedroom makeover
Comments (77)Hi Houzzers You have all been so kind with your design advice, and helped us come up with this design. I think we are nearly there, and are pretty happy with the result...we still ended up with the door into bedroom from hall....but think it will be ok.....may swing the door the other way...will put doors on bathroom and sitting(not shown) I like the 2 dressing areas we have created either side of our wardrobes, and the seperate toilet. Very happy for any other input on this design before we send it off to the builder!...See MoreKitchen layout advice needed
Comments (48)Sorry Darlene but that's just no good...........a big part of the problem here is your trying to keep the cut out alfresco/outdoor living that is at odds with the style you are trying to work with, and it's causing the squeeze/compromise to the main central internal living spaces. There's nothing wrong with this type of thing in concept but they require experienced hands to resolve elegantly as opposed to a clunky way.... Refer to the plan I posted earlier - there is not one dogleg to be seen. paths of movement are streamlined and neat and proportions and alignments are balanced. What you've proposed above here walking straight into the dining area is not a good option and it makes your house feel smaller - this may be justified in situations say when you have no space in an apartment or unit scenario.........your on 2 acres or something? - your home should feel appropriately scaled and with space to breathe....... There are different plan configurations that will meet your particular brief requirements but the problem you have is that you are locked into this particular perimeter that has developed and then in the process of trying to sort it out you keep forcing/rejigging everything within the same shape/format that is actually not a fixed thing Here are your options: (a) seek some pro design guidance with a professional who understands the style/language you are working with - but don't be surprised if the nominated budget is exceeded in a custom format (b) explore some alternative options what siri & I suggested in considering off the shelf solutions of similar style that may be more aligned with your budget (c) keep going the way you are doing your head in fumbling around trying to DIY design your home but clearly falling short of your vision Best of luck!...See More- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years agolast modified: 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 12 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago







skagitnana