Houzz Logo Print
mikeann

Help with leather dining chairs

mikeann
9 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have brown leather dining chairs we bought from Nick Scali about 4 months ago (name of chairs is Branson). Over the weekend our nephew stayed over and put some ink marks on one of the chairs, so I decided to use some leather cleaner to try and remove the ink. As I was scrubbing the area where the ink was it started peeling and discolouring. Now there are a couple of areas where there's discolouring. The original colour of the lounge had a matt finish, but the affected areas are like a shiny polished colour (see photos below). Anyway, do I have a case for a warranty claim, or will NS come back and say "your fault for putting ink on it"? Given that it's suppose to be "Genuine" leather, is it suppose to peel and discolour? I used a proper and expensive leather cleaner, which I've used before on my King Furniture lounges without any issues, so I didn't expect it to get damaged. If NS don't acknowledge the warranty claim, what can I do to fix it. I heard there's leather repair kits or you can get leather spray paint which can be colour matched. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (5)