Yay or nay? Mirrored baths
11 years ago

Yay

Nay
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (11)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Yay or Nay? Mirrored splashbacks
Comments (48)There's just me living in this space. In the 4mths I've lived here so far I haven't had to clean the tiles on back wall but it is dark so maybe I can't see the mess. As for the sink area there's water splashes always on the tiles. The kitchen designer advised me against using the mirror here for that reason....See MoreYay or nay? Curvy Bookshelves
Comments (8)I'm with ashilleong on this – excellent name, cute shape, totally impractical for the actual storing and retrieval of books (unless you only have a couple of dozen of roughly the same size and weight). My bookshelves need to house a lot of books and those books are immensely varied in size, weight and format and despite semi-regular clear outs as well as downloading books to the iPad (and the non-return of many loans!) the numbers continue to increase and require some sort of ordering in order to quickly and easily locate a required volume. So for people whose lives don't revolve around books or for whom books are an occasional indulgence or even those who treat them as a form of decor and buy them by the metre this doesn't really cut it as a bookshelf....See MoreYay or Nay? Open-air bathrooms
Comments (25)The bath tub looks uncomfortable! One would need to be short in stature to have a relaxing soak in a tub shaped like that. Looks nice, but looks don't do it for me. Pity...the bathroom ambience is spectacular! Don't think the designers of these half- egg-shaped tubs and others like them gave much thought to practicality. I'm always glad of my big old plunge tub from years ago, looks lovely newly resurfaced....plenty of room to stretch out, nice wide edges to sit on if needs be, 1/2inch thick enamelled cast iron that keeps the water warm, wide ledge at the rear for easy-to-reach pamper products.... Think I'd rather have a larger version of the lovely vanity basin you've had installed as a bathtub rather than your half egg shaped one. Nevertheless, hope your new bathroom with a view brings you many relaxing hours....See MoreGlass splashbacks - yay or nay?
Comments (85)It must depend what you cook. I don't do fried, spitty type dishes and the grout around the largish tiles in my now 10 year old kitchen is as good as new. I rubbed car wax into the freshly laid grout lines, same as I did in the bathroom. It also depends on how much light bounces around your kitchen, glass being so reflective shows up smears with light on it. Just above the kettle in the first photo is a good example. Each to their own, I'm a non-glass girl whenever I can get away with it....See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago


Miranda Rose