Art
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Art work
Comments (33)Hi. Yes, me too, number 3! Some really beautiful pieces of art being suggested. Wow, such vibrant colours. May I make a suggestion? Maybe it's just me, Terri, but try rearranging your rug so that it runs widest ACROSS the room, not lengthwise. It will fit under your furniture better, and although as much of it won't be showing, I think it may look better, given the size of the geometric pattern. I'm curious to know what you think. :)...See MoreRenovation to Art Deco apartment - Randwick, Sydney
Comments (21)Yeah , I'm more with Austere -- I personally would have gone more luxe , and more variety in colours and textures and fittings . The kitchen -- I like the light , and theres the original door with the brass knob . Thats the good bits . Okay , I like eclectic , and themes -- I would have had every door with a 'surround' part and a chamferred centre -- the centre in that 50's light mint green , the rest in english cream . 'Period' brass handles , knobs , hinges . And not shiny brass -- aged . If you want a slightly more modern look -- get an engineer to make you long S shaped handles , in aged brass . At least some of the subway tiles in a mid green . As luxe as possible -- I actually saw some mid green subways a while ago that had streaks through them that looked like NZ greenstone ! Beautiful IMO . The rest of the tiles maybe in a plain mint green , or obviously stick with the white if you want to be 'safe' . The fridge a mint green Smeg . The stove top brand new but in cast black . The oven a similar reproduction in black . Black and white floor tiles . Ideally as intricate as the bathroom , but even 100 x 100 in a chequerboard pattern , with a black or even mid green ( to tie in with the wall subways as above ) tile frieze around the edge . In fact , how would a white and mid green tiled floor look , maybe in small fiddly looking 50mm tiles , with the light mint partial doors and fridge ? Maybe a bit small and too intricate for a kitchen floor , but I guess you'd have a resin not a grout ? Natural wooden floors would work -- wood veneer replicas not so much . Luckily I'm not an expert , just an enthusiastic amateur . We all have different tastes , and although I do like to stick to themes , my whole attitude is to 'improve' something . It often doesn't cost a lot more . I dislike boring ....See MoreLooking for art work/prints for Hampton Style Powder room
Comments (6)If you have a small powder room, then you don't need art work. Don't just hang art on the wall as you have a blank wall - negative space in a small room is a positive. I would consider a decorative mirror with bevelled edges to provide some visual interest, to make the space seem bigger, and which has a function. Consider wall lights to complemement the mirror, and don't go with the plain jane mirror option that most builders offer as standard. Best of luck, Dr Retro of Dr Retro House Calls...See MoreHelp choosing the right artwork & artwork size for master bedroom
Comments (4)Sandy - given the width of your bed, I worry the size artwork you have chosen may look out of proportion when hung i.e. too small against your bed. My vote would be for the 140x100. If your bed is 193 wide, 75% of that width is approximately 144 so that size artwork has the potential to look the best :) The 140x100 size still allows 26.5cm of negative space on either side of your artwork to the sides of your bed with the ability to position your artwork well given the height you are working with. Nik...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago













User