Our living room renovation!
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Renovating 80's living room
Comments (20)Kill two birds with one stone and replace the balustrade with a full length, double sided cabinet. This will blur the height difference between the rooms while creating more if a sense of the two rooms working independently of each other, and provide a place for interesting piece or two on the top(like sculpture). In the process, you could ensure the traffic flow and furniture of the rooms works best with the passage to the lounge where it is, and if not, decide where it works best and build the cabinet either side of the passage....See MoreUnused space- Help in renovating lounge/living room?
Comments (7)Thanks big reader we have lived her for 2 years and still not sure! I dry my laundry in it and put my Xmas tree in it for now! Iwill add some photos when I get chance!...See MoreOur 1975 house renovation - dining room
Comments (4)gorgeous room and your painter is pretty cute too!...See MoreWhat cushions should we get for our living room
Comments (10)Hi there, your room looks lovely and has quite a formal feel. I think a rust or pinky/terracotta in solid colours square 50 x 50 cm (ish) would work in both couch and chairs and tie the scheme together. Velvet or linen would be beautiful and you could keep these as your neutrals. You could then add a rectangular one or two with a grey/rust or teal/rust print, or with one of these colours as piping. These can be swapped out later for a change eg a yellow based print would work against sofa and chairs. Using down fill will always make them look nicer than poly fill. Cushions can be expensive, If you see some you in the neutral colours that you love it is worth spending the money because you will have them for years - some of mine are ten years old. Most places will let you take them home and return them so you can try them out. I then go to fabric stores and look for prints I love and have the accent pieces made up by a local dressmaker for a fraction of the price and something unique to our home. I have mainly velvets and knits for winter then swap them out for linens and cottons for summer. Good luck I am sure your new cushions will add to your already beautiful room....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago




Timmy Ellis