What colour for the exterior??
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
Related Discussions
What to colour the exterior of my house.
Comments (1)Do you have a picture...See MoreExterior colour to co-ordinate with Woodland Grey
Comments (27)Hi All, Piggybacking on this post for boundary fence colour feedback please. We have Colourbond Gully on the roof and a section of the house is painted to match. The rest of the house exterior is Dulux natural white (50%). Aggregate at front and back is Holcim acacia. Gully is not available as a fence colour so isn't an option. The garden will be started from scratch, so there isn't any current plantings to consider. I personally think Dune is a better tonal match but am worried its too light and wont make the plantings pop like Woodland grey would. The garden will be started from scratch so no outdoor plantings to currently consider. Thanks Ria...See MoreWhat colour should my exterior be?
Comments (21)I love that you have gone for a zinc roof on shed and house. With zinc there is no issues with fading and mould and the matching roofs are enough to match your house and shed. Also it is timeless and leaves more options if you change your mind down the track about wall colour. Like you I am also on a country block and had the same dillema when building my home a few years back. My shed is Jasper with zinc roof and guttering. I debated for ages about painting my house shades to match jasper. Someone said to me.....don't make your house an extension of your shed!! So glad I listened. I painted our house a green similar to coloubond mangrove and went for zinc roof and guttering. Everyone went berserk about the zinc roof and guttering (and the green) when I suggested it, but it looks wonderful!.... and very quality. The brown undertones in the green and jasper brown compliment well. The house also has zinc window frames. You want your house colours to look nice next to shed and also you want the house to catch your eye sooner, but not look too matchy. My suggestion is that you go for zinc guttering on the house to match roof, and introduce a different colour to your house that has grey undertones to look nice next to the shed. Hope this helps. I'm still loving my outside colour choices. (The inside ones are a different story and Im ready to get the beushes and rollers out again.) Good luck!...See MoreHelp! What colour for the exterior??
Comments (10)Hi kbodman14 I totally agree with you on the grey paint.But have had people wanting to "steer" me that way. Thank you for the colour book suggestions {not showing in the photo} so have been on a search to buy the book.lol Hi JE C Thank you for answering my question.I have thought about this. Maybe in a light green or brown. As for the outside blind not sure. The agency told me I had to put curtains in all the bedrooms [4] but I said "huh?" because all windows had blinds. Alas not anymore :+{ .......See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago


dohraime