90cm cooktop with 60cm oven - thoughts?
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Need thoughts on complete house refit please!
Comments (68)Thanks for all the ideas siriuskey - I like being challenged with some left field ideas I hadn't thought of before. For colour schemes we're thinking of a white marble Caesar top with warm white laminate cabinets on the island, then charcoal laminate cabinets against the wall. For splashback we're thinking a high gloss white caesar. This is all just our initial thoughts and we'll probably get the colour consultant back to help us refine those plans and tell us where we've gone wrong :) With regards to getting the rangehood in over the island, I don't think I could swing the industrial look first idea, but the roof-mounted box to bring it down closer to the island top could work. Mounting some downlights into it as well should make lighting more effective too! I'm also warming to your idea of wrapping the cabinetry around onto the return wall and housing the ovens there. It does mean they're a fair hike away from the fridge, but it gives us a LOT more cooktop space which more than likely outweighs spreading the "triangle" out so far. So much to think about! I'm loving all of the ideas though :) I've been thinking of building some seating into the bay window (we've had a couch JAMMED into our bay in the lounge room and its a messy look) so maybe a banquette seat (never knew thats what they're called haha) would work. I just need it to sit relatively low-profile against the wall so that it doesn't make the gap between the seat and island too tight to get through....See MoreOven advice. 2 x 60cm Miele or Fisher and Paykel?
Comments (21)Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but Neff makes excellent 60cm under bench style ovens. I have one and it's by far the best I've ever used. Included all the things you are looking for. But would agree F&P might be considered a lower quality than either Miele, Neff or AEG....See MoreNew build - ovens off centre from cooktop
Comments (12)If you consult your builder now, could you do a variation to kitchen plan. If installing two under bench ovens, then the kitchen cabinets need to be changed anyway. Without moving cooktop position, but adding the stacked ovens in the place of the separating wall as you have mentioned. Only measurement that would be stopping this is the space allowed for the walkway to pantry. Is it wide enough to open oven doors if stacked, and to get trays etc out of oven ergonomically correct, without twisting your body. There will be a cost for variation, but this needs to be weighed up against satisfaction of your kitchen space....See MoreUnusual oven position- ideas on how to upgrade
Comments (1)The burning is probably due to lack of ventilation all around so likely to occur again with same size oven. Have a look at installation requirements before you buy and oven of that size. If you go 600mm you could box out some of the space using the old shelf and use it for boards etc, and a sliding tray....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago

jmm1837