Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

Best Online Source for Crape Myrtles

I would like to order some crape myrtles, colors I cannot get at my local nursery. Some sites have quite a few bad reviews. I would appreciate knowing if there are any companies who specialize in crape myrtles or have a large selection to choose from with good reputations.

Thank you.

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Caldwell Home & Garden
    7 years ago

What about direct from the growers? I think monrovia has some crepes.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    7 years ago

"What about direct from the growers? I think monrovia has some cr(a)pes."

From Monrovia's website: "Monrovia is a wholesale grower and sells only to independent garden centers and Lowe’s throughout the United States and Canada..."

• PRO
    Caldwell Home & Garden
    7 years ago

I have ordered from monrovia before, I planted a cm ordered from there in my yard

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    7 years ago

Almost Eden (excellent Garden Watchdog ratings) offers a few cultivars at great prices. www.almostedenplants.com

Bamboo Plantation (limited but very good Garden Watchdog ratings) has a few cultivars. www.bamboogardencenter.com

Evergreen Nursery - the one in TN (very good Garden Watchdog ratings) has a very good selection and good prices. www.evergreenplantnursery.com

ForestFarm (pretty good Garden Watchdog ratings) has a decent selection.www.forestfarm.com

Greenwood Nursery (fair Garden Watchdog ratings) offers a few cultivars. greenwoodnursery.com

Rare Find Nursery (very good Garden Watchdog ratings) has a few, but they're a little pricey. www.rarefindnursery.com

Sooner Plant Farm (excellent Garden Watchdog ratings) has a very good selection, but they are a little pricey also. www.soonerplantfarm.com

Woodlanders (pretty good Garden Watchdog ratings) offers a few species and cultivars. www.woodlanders.net

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I was particularly looking for Near East and Twilight. Found a company with both, but they had a bunch of very negative reviews and I am afraid to order from them. So will check out Brandon's list and see what they have. Thanks so much!

• bostedo: 8a tx-bp-dfw
    7 years ago

A number of people on the Texas Gardening forum have said good things about the smaller trees sold by Crape Myrtle Guy near Waxahachie. Mail order may not be practical after minimum quantity and shipping, but at something like $6 each could be good if looking for a lot of trees.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    7 years ago

I'm a little surprised that "The Crape Myrtle Guy" isn't listed on Garden Watchdog. I kind of like his simple approach. I had seen his website before, but never thought to add him to the list above. Based on what reviews are available online for him (Google reviews, etc), I think he's probably a safe bet. I may just have to place an order one of these days.

• PRO
Sponsored